Join The RTR Vehicles Team
Automotive NPD Project Engineer
A young, dynamic, and rapidly growing entrepreneurial business with activities in the automotive aftermarket industry is looking to strengthen its team with an experienced Automotive NPD Project Engineer. In this position, and as part of the New Product Development (NPD) team, you will be responsible for a variety of technical and hands-on duties that contribute to the design and release of new products for the RTR Vehicles catalogue. Does this sound like you? This is a full-time position, based at the company’s Concord, NC area facilities.
With over ten years of experience as an OEM+ aftermarket company, and through our Strategic Partnership with the Ford Motor Company, RTR products provide a unique blend of styling and functionality of the highest quality, providing an unrivaled experience to customers all over the world. RTR products are sold to dealers, wholesale distributors, and end consumers.
As a Project Engineer for RTR Vehicles, you will be responsible for both hands on design work and managing individual projects from conception to market launch. Our company is looking for an experienced engineer with a background in the automotive industry, with prior experience with every part of the product development cycle. The ideal candidate has experience overseeing projects from start to finish, including 3D design, design reviews, sourcing and costing, timeline management, and project documentation. Specifically, the chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Management of individual NPD projects with guidance from the NPD Director
- Design of new parts and products according to NPD roadmap and project requirements
- Communication with vendors pertaining to RFQ, awarding contracts, PPAP, and quality control
- Fabrication, assembly, and testing of prototypes as timelines and resource restrictions demand
- Presentation of design concepts to internal and external customers via screen sharing and renderings
- Maintain project documentation as required by RTR NPD Processes
- BOM development for new and existing products
- Cost reduction of existing products
- BS/MS in engineering, mechanical engineering strongly preferred
- 5 years of prior experience in product design and development
- Proficient with Solidworks and Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Fluent English speaker
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Passion for cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc, outside of the working day
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills, both internal to engineering and externally to other groups
- Personal interest in the automotive industry
- Able to work well in a group setting, but capable of managing projects individually
- Full time salaried position
- Health insurance
- Company paid PTO plan
- Employee purchase discount
RTR Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.