Automotive Project Engineer
A young, dynamic and rapidly growing entrepreneurial business with activities in the automotive aftermarket industry is looking to strengthen its team with an experienced AUTOMOTIVE PROJECT ENGINEER
In this senior position, and as part of a small team, you will conduct and oversee the development of the company’s new automotive products. Are you that person? This is a full-time position, based at the company’s Charlotte, NC area facilities.
- Develop designs and manufacturing plans for new products to automotive standards, with input from the sales and creative teams.
- Budget and timeline management for new product development.
- Vendor selection: Solicitation and evaluation of manufacturing quotes.
- Product validation and verification.
- Technical communications with OEM and product certification authorities.
- Coordination of shop activities related to new product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/automotive engineering
- Advanced CAD skills, including 3D modeling, surface design, manufacturing drawings
- Familiarity with FMVSS and other automotive standards
- Familiarity with OEM product development processes and OEM culture
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Min 10yrs combined professional experience in fields of mechanical design and automotive engineering
- Team player
- Good communication skills
BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive suspension systems, lights, body components.
- Experience with the design of molded components, fabricated components, machined components.
- Understanding of diverse manufacturing processes, including injection molding, vacuum forming, C/GFRP molding, metal fabrication, machining, casting.
- Experience with the design and manufacture of 3D-printed (prototype) parts
$70k - $100k, depending on qualifications and experience.
Health insurance plan, paid time off, 401-K plan.
RTR Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO INFO@RTRVEHICLES.COM OR COMPLETE FORM BELOW.